- Oh man. Have I been quiet this month. I don't have much in the way of excuses beyond December, ugh, but I'm now officially pulling myself together and decking the halls and so on (technically, I decked the halls on the first day of the month. My first Christmas tree of my own! I can deck it any time I like) (I'm going to stop using the word 'deck' now).
- The photos above are of Sissinghurst, an English-style Cafe & Antiques shop near where I live; my eikaiwa ladies took me out for lunch a while ago. I got emotional over a glass milk bottle from a dairy near my home in England (but seriously, what are the chances? I know that dairy, okay. I know the phone area code). And then I ate scones.
- Actually, there have been a lot of those, recently. One recipe is coming up on One Green Planet in the next week; I also made pumpkin and maple ones by subbing canned pumpkin puree for the soy yoghurt in this recipe, leaving out the citrus and adding in a bit of cinnamon and allspice, replacing some of the sugar with maple syrup, and sprinkling maple sugar over the top. And then I ate scones.
- Okay, so on a more serious note, I've had a pretty rough week or two and really am just trying to shake it off. Normal service will be resumed shortly. Normal being a term used extremely relatively.
- And then I comfort-ate scones.