- Homemade soy 'yoghurt' with blueberries & almonds. I can't begin to explain how happy it makes me to have a soy yoghurt substitute here at last.
- Pumpkin caramel bagel with Biscoff spread, for which I totally and utterly blame Heather.
- The green monster I very, very, very much needed after a Halloween party on Wednesday night that saw us run out of mixers for vodka and decide to use umeshu (Japanese plum wine). FYI: using wine as a mixer for vodka is a terrible, terrible idea.
- One vegan Halloween red velvet cupcake (with vampire bite marks!) leftover from the aforementioned party. Recipe will have to wait until I get new kitchen scales and can convert to metric, alas!
- And finally, my costume: Lady Gaga, ala Telephone. Webcam photo included because a) it's awesome, b) I have no sense of photo quality control, c) and I spent a really long time gluing those cigarettes to my glasses. Yes, those are coke cans in my hair; no, it was not easy. Yes, I walked into a hardware store and bought 3 metres of stainless steel chains; no, nobody asked any questions.
- Lest you think now that my life is all cupcakes and umeshu and dressing like Lady Gaga (and I'm not gonna lie, that's a big part of it), I feel I should disclaim right now that I'm currently wearing Mickey Mouse sweatpants, drinking tea, and writing my NaNoWriMo (which is rapidly spiraling into the realms of 'totally surreal').
- But the awesome news is, my vegan brownie recipe has been featured in the Huffington Post! Very, very proud and happy.
- That's where we at. x