Things on my mind:
- Healthy snacks for school... that is, I need some. When breakfast is at 6.30am, I get hungry by mid-morning. Not like, 'ooh, I'm a bit peckish!'; more like, 'OH MY GOD. I AM GOING TO EAT THIS SCHOOL AND EVERYONE IN IT UNLESS I GET A GODDAMN COOKIE IN THE NEXT TEN MINUTES'. I've experimented a bit this week, but nothing's ticking all the boxes yet. Ideas? Links?
- Is it immoral for me to teach my English Club that everyone in England is just like me, and we all clink our teacups together and shout, 'TO THE QUEEN!' when we're drinking tea?
- Boy drama - which is deeply ironic, as men are not exactly my - how shall I say this? - area of expertise. How do people deal with this? Cause, I'm just sayin', I deal with it by sitting in the bath drinking sake and crying. You're welcome for that mental image, by the way.
- This, above, is part of okunchi, a Nagasaki festival held this weekend. Monday was niwa-mise, the prelude to the festival, where there are displays and open houses in the city. This Friday is the real deal, with a mile-long procession to the city that I plan to totally be at. Can't wait. Exhausted. In a good way. Mostly.
- I've been a little MIA in this corner of the internet, but I'm getting my act together. Coming up: sweet potato & coconut quickbread. Do you forgive me? I thought you'd forgive me.
- What's on your mind?